Sunday, December 14, 2008

Goodbye, our sweet girl

On Wednesday of last week, we gave our sweet baby girl away in hopes that it will help our noonie breathe a little easier. It was SO hard and I have cried many tears, but I know that she is in a GREAT place and that she is being well cared for! Mila has been a member of our family for about two and a half years, and she has brought us so much joy. She is playful and sweet and has such a funny personality. We miss her so much already! I think I see her all the time, and I close doors and wrap my Q-tips in toilet paper out of habit. I hope one day Porter will outgrow his allergy (or we find that the Dr. was wrong, which may be a real possibility) and we can get her back!

Krissy and her friend Sara drove up to Jacksonville Tuesday night to pick up our little kitty. She and Sara hit it off right away! I think it may have had something to do with the fact that Sara was crocheting and she desperately wanted that yarn! Sara loved her right away, and I hear her husband Dave really loves her, too. She has a sister now, so she won't be the only cat in the house, but apparently she has been walking around Sara's house like she owns the joint. That's our Mila.

Porter and I spent lots of time saying goodbye. He sure did love her. He was starting to laugh at her, and she was comfortable enough with him to let him pet her. He even grabbed clumps of her hair a couple of times and she never minded.

Here they are on their way to her new home! (This was the point just before I completely lost it.) We are so grateful to have been able to send her home with someone who we know so that we can visit her and we know that she will be safe and cared for. It's harder to find a good home for a cat than you think! Thanks a million, Sara and Dave. We appreciate it so much!

P.S. She totally shredded her way out of that carrier on their way home in total Mila-fashion. That kitty is nuts sometimes!
We love and miss our Mila girl! I can't wait to pet her sweet head again!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Barb said...

Barbie, Craig, and Porter I know how hard it is to part with a pet who actually is a family member. Like you I found a friend to look after our Sheba when we came to the States and no matter how much time passed before we saw Sheba again, she always seemed to remember us. We were also fortunate to find a family who loved her like we did and we knew she had a good life.

Still very tough.

Thoughts and prayers are with you and especially for Porter to be 100% healthy.

The Poore Family! said...

:( !!!!!!!!!!!