Monday, November 22, 2010

A Boy and his Blankie

I am taking advantage of this night without my husband to get some serious blogging done. I really feel strongly about journaling about our family, and I wish I had never gotten out of the habit! I hope to be better at documenting our lives not just for our far away friends and family, but so our own little family will have the memories that one day I know we will cherish. Now, onto the recent-ish happenings in our lives!

The other morning (okay, like a month ago), Porter was watching for the garbage truck to come and pick up our trash, which is one of his favorite things to do (almost as much as helping Daddy take it out on Thursday nights). He had his blankie with him and I couldn't help snapping a few photos of him with his best buddy.

The satin edges are almost disintegrated from being loved and washed so much. I have noticed that in the last few months he loves to stick his fingers underneath the torn satin, especially when we snuggle in the chair and read books before bed.


He adores his blankie, although he is happy to leave it in his bed unless he's not feeling well or extra tired. He doesn't carry it around or leave the house with it. He lights up when he snuggles with it, though! Another funny thing is he won't go to sleep unless his "blue blankie" is spread across his pillow in his crib. He will ask me to "fix it" if it's not on his pillow so he can sleep on top of it. I wonder how he ever got into that habit, but it's been months that he has been sleeping that way!


We are thankful for "blue blankie" and for the sweet friend, Cathy, who gave it to Porter when he was born, embroidered with his name and birthday. We are definitely going to get one for his little sister when she arrives so they can have matching blankies!

No comments: