Saturday, June 14, 2008

The greatest gift ever

On Tuesday, June 10th, 2008, our son Porter Davis TerBlanche was born into the world! He was born by c-section at 12:54 p.m. weighing 7 lbs. 4 oz. and he was 20 inches long. He also has lots of light brown hair! He is the joy of our lives, and we can't believe he is OUR SON! The last few days with him have been the most rewarding, best days of my life. He is so adorable! We can't decide who he looks like. He has some of each of our features, but he just looks like himself!

I am feeling really good...especially when I take my pain medication right on time! We came home from the hospital last night at about 11:20 after a LONG day. We were supposed to be discharged first thing in the morning, but my blood pressure shot up making me feel really poopy, so they made me stay all day. We were exhausted when we got home, but it was still so exciting to bring our little boy home to his new house! I have really loved sitting in his room in his rocking chair soaking it all in. I have spent so many hours in that chair rubbing my belly and wondering what it would be like to hold my little man. It is a million times more wonderful than I ever imagined.

Porter has been spoiled rotten from the moment he was born. He hardly gets put down, and his Grandpa is holding him right this moment. Craig's parents are in town (Granny and Grandpa), as well as my mom (Nana), and LOTS of other family members traveled to be here for his birth, including his Aunt Tori, Uncle Doug, Papa (my Daddy), and my Aunt Joni. He is definitely one loved little boy!

He is such a sweet little baby. He is a great nurser...we figured that out pretty quickly which I am so grateful for. He is always looking for something to suck on, even right after he finishes eating! We think he won't be skinny for long!

Here are some pictures of the first few days of Porters life!





1 comment:

Patti said...

He is in his stripey outfit...so cute!