Monday, July 7, 2008

We love our friends and family!

We have been so blessed to have so many loving visitors come to see us and the new baby. It has been so fun to be able to catch up with loved ones that we don't get to see very often! Here is a recap of the last few...


My friend Shannon came to visit on Saturday, July 5th, with her two beautiful little girls, Madison and Ella. We had a great time and wished they could have stayed longer! Ella made us laugh every second, and Mattie LOOOOVED Porter! She always wanted to be able to see him, sit by him, and hold him. It was so cute! She was also very interested when I would feed him...she would ask "what's he eating?" It was such a great visit!
Porter and the girls.
Aunt Shannon and Uncle Derek with Porter. Thanks for coming up! We can't wait to see you again! Thanks, also, for the sweet gifts you brought for Porter!
My best friend Krissy came to visit Monday, June 30th, to Wednesday, July2nd. We had so much fun while she was here! We shopped and lounged around, and Kris helped out so much by cooking us meals and cleaning up the house. She also spoiled Porter by buying him lots of cute clothes! This is when she met him for the first time.
Quality time together.
Sorry, Kris! I had to post this one! I was downstairs when Porter woke up...Aunt Krissy came to his rescue, fresh out of her bed! I will definitely cherish this one forever.
She's teaching him her ways already.
She calls him "boy." "Boy is hungry", "Boy is tired", "Boy is mad at his mom, but never mad at his Aunt Krissy....never." Boy loves his Aunt Krissy! We miss you!
My mom, Porter's Nana, came to help right after Craig's mom left. Since I was feeling pretty good by this point, we did a lot of running around, shopping, cricuting, etc. (that's right....cricuting.) Nana was a great taxi driver because I couldn't drive yet (plus I like sitting in the back with the noonie!) Nana cooked and cleaned and kept me and the little guy company, and she was a great babysitter when I needed a nap! We miss you, Mom! Thanks again for everything.
I love you, Mommy!
We also want to thank everyone else who took the time to come and visit us after Porter's arrival. Craig's parents were a HUGE help, especially because it was the hardest part of my recovery. His mom waited on me hand and foot, and cooked and cleaned and organized like a PRO! Our house was in MUCH better condition after Granny left! Thank you SO much for everything you did for us!
We were also thrilled that so many others were able to come up and see us, including Aunt Tori, Uncle Doug, Papa, and Aunt Joni. We are looking forward to my cousin Anita and her family's arrival tomorrow, and we can't wait to be able to see the rest of our family!
Craig and I are so blessed to belong to such wonderful families, and to have such great friends. We count you all as blessings in our lives, and Porter is a lucky little boy to have you all as a part of his life! Thank you for sharing this journey with us! We love you all! XOXO

2 comments:

Barb said...

Barbie and Craig, thank you so much for the TerBlog - can't tell you how much Grandpa and I miss you all and this is a great way for us to not feel so far away.

Love and miss you lots,
Dad and Mom

Unknown said...

Hi there - Love all the new pics (except 1 LOL) I miss you guys - it was so nice to see you and meet my newest little buddy. Kisses from Aunt Krissy & Uncle Will!!XOXOXOXOXOXOXOOXOXOOXOX