Friday, October 10, 2008

Four Months Old

I can't, can't, can't believe my baby turned four months old today. Where does the time go? My favorite thing to do lately is watch the slideshow that comes across the computer screen for our screensaver flashing all the pictures of Porter since he was born. I can't believe how much he's grown and how much he's changed in such a short time. He is JUST the sweetest thing ever. Craig and I are really, really enjoying him. He is so playful and smiley now. He loves to put anything and everything in his mouth, especially his lovies, or anything fabric like a blanket or burp cloth. Last night we put a bib on his for the first time and it was like a permanent lovey around his neck and he LOVED it. He is super talkative and loves to say "ooo-ooo-ooo." It is so cute the way his upper lip comes to a little point when he's saying his "ooo's". He LOVES his daddy and gives him the biggest smiles of all. He loves to stand up. He would stand there all day if you let him! He rolled over twice about three days ago. Once for me and once for Craig, but he hasn't done it since. He loves to go for walks and he still loves tummy time, which is great. His little neck is SO strong. Even the doctor commented on how strong he was today. He also loves songs! I sing to him a lot and we both really enjoy it. His favorites are songs where you move his hands like "If you're happy and you know it" and "The wheels on the bus." He also loves "Part of your World" from The Little Mermaid. Don't laugh. It's an awesome song.

Our little moose was 16 lbs. 10.5 oz at his well baby visit today. He is doing well and we have the all-clear to start rice cereal, fruits, and veggies. We will start with the rice and go slowly because Mommy is paranoid! He is in the 80th percentile for his weight and the 75th for height. I also realized today when I was talking with Craig that it is my four-month breastfeeding milestone. He is really proud of me...and I am, too! It has been a great blessing to all of us.

Porter is such a joy in our lives...the biggest and best joy. I know it's cliche, but I really can't remember life before him, and I would never, ever trade what we have now for what we had then. He has brought so much meaning and love and fun onto our lives! I love his month birthday when I can sit and reminisce about what has happened in his tiny little life so far. What a change. It brings tears to my eyes.


He absolutely loved playing with the paper on the table in the office! Oh, the simple joys in life!

6 comments:

Barb said...

What great news to hear our little "Big" boy has turned a corner and is now full of smiles and ooooh's. That is just awesome.

I can just picture his face lighting up when you sing to him Barbie, especially the action songs. Can't wait to see it in person.

You can't imagine life without him - neither can I. He is truely a blessing.

Lots of love,
Mom

Kevin & Jessica said...

Barbie, I could have written you post, Logan is doing the exact same things and I sing the same songs to him. His favorite book is Charlie Monkey Face too. It must be the birthday!!! Logan was tipping the scales at 13lb 9oz this week. Miss you on FF
Jessica

Patti said...

He is such a beefcake! I love him. Congrats on your 4 months of b/fing. Enjoy it!

Shannon said...

I am so excited to see how big Porter's gotten this Dec. Abby is already counting the days!! She and Lissie LOVE to see the new "Baby Porter" pictures. Love and miss you all terribly.
Shannon

Kendra said...

Oh my gosh, he is such a chubs. I love it!!! I want another one when I see that cute little boy. Happy 4 months Porter!

Notme said...

Chayce was exactly that same weight at his 4 month check! We have such cute chubby babies!