Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Stinky Baby Ear

Last night as I was nursing my sweet noonie off to sleep, I was leaning over nuzzling with his sweet hair and face as I usually do, and I noticed a bit of a...well....odor coming from his right ear. Weird. Not yummy. So, after I put him down I goodled "stinky baby ear" and came up with a few interesting answers (including a blog that made me laugh my pants off... google it! You'll laugh too!). Mainly that it can be infected, or it can be a buildup of earwax and sweat... eew. SO this morning when he woke up I found myself sniffing him like a hound dog trying to analyze whether or not I should call the doctor for his odoriffic lobe. I called. She indeed said it can be a symptom of an ear infection, and since the little moose had a cold last week I thought it could be a possibility. She wanted to see him this morning to check it out, and lucky for us it was the latter, an earful of stinky wax and sweat. Gross. He didn't even make a peep when she went fishing for wax (3 times) and eventually saw that his ear looked great. I was quite self concious that I don't clean my baby well enough, especially since I scrub him like a potato, ears and all. She assured me that you can't even get in there without special doctor tools and that there is nothing I can do about it. He's just a "wax producer." Lovely. The other ear looked great, so it looks like he's only half a "wax producer" I suppose. I'm hoping from this fantastic and slightly embarassing experience that our blog might show up when the next concerned parent googles "stinky baby ear."

As for the stats, which the grandmas love.... 16 lbs. 5.5 oz. and 25 1/2 inches long. Looks like we'll be shopping for a "big boy" carseat soon, as his only holds up to 26 inchers! I will post his pic on the scale when I get them off the camera.

picture as promised!

3 comments:

bnmwhitney said...

Yummy! I thought that there would be a photo of the lovely ear since Porters mommy is the poparatzi (which I am sure I spelled wrong) He sure is a big boy! I loved snuggling him. I feel like he will be a teenager by the next time I get my hands on him. It is scary how time flies. I sure enjoyed our visit as short and crazy as it was. The kids cant stop talking about the "P Dizzle" They sure love him too. Lots of kisses to you all.

Love,

Aunt Tori

Vivid Vinyl said...

My sister can "smell" when her kids have an ear infection. I don't have that talent - THANKFULLY!

Anonymous said...

yay for no ear infection!!!!! and yay for delicious pumpkin pancakes!!!!!!!!!! Don't worry Porter, Elliotte will still marry you and your cute little wax producing ear! :)