Saturday, October 18, 2008

Ten Years!!!

Today is the 10 year anniversary of my first date with my sweetie! Ten years! SOOO much has happened, it almost seems like it has been a lifetime. Craig has been a huge part of my life since I was 16 years old. He is my very best friend and we have been through so much together.

Just a few of the zillion things we have been through together in 10 years:
~Dating
~High school drama (not the class)
~Breaking up
~Dating
~Prom and Homecoming
~Breaking up...you get the idea.
~Going to separate colleges...boo hoo!
~Getting back together...again.
~Making boo hoo cd's for each other, and sending millions of care packages. (I still have every card and momento he ever gave me, and he does too!)
~Road trips between University of Tennessee and Florida State University to visit each other (mostly him making the trips)
~A few awesome football games and Dave Matthews concerts.
~Breaking up...again.
~Listening to each other talk about our other boyfriends/girlfriends...this was awesome ;)
~First jobs out of college
~Craig's conversion to the gospel
~Acting like we were an old married couple (not THAT way!) every time we were together, even though we weren't "together"
~Getting back together when we were "adults"
~Getting engaged...October 1st, 2004. He came fron Tennessee to surprise me in my parent's front yard (in front of the tree where we first kissed!) with candles and a big 'ol diamond! I said YES! and I was SOOO excited to marry my long-time love!
~Getting MARRIED! Woo Hoo!!! September 2nd, 2005.
~Buying our first house
~Best vacation ever to South Africa with his family (and deciding to have a baby when we got back!) March, 2007
~Finding out we were PREGNANT! October 5th, 2007
~Becoming PARENTS! Porter came into our lives on June 10th, 2008! It is crazy to think that if we had married different people our little man wouldn't be here. We are SO thankful for him!!!

I am so blessed to be married to my VERY best friend! (Way better than any girlfriend...sorry, girls!) I wouldn't want to take this journey of life with anyone else! I am looking forward to ten more years, then ten more, and tens and tens and tens after that!

I love you, babe!

I don't have any digital photos of us back in the day, but Craig will take our Senior Prom picture into work on Monday and scan it in. That will give you a good laugh!

6 comments:

Coates Family said...

I LOVE that prom picture of you guys. You both look hot...and your dress was awesome, I must say!

Heather said...

I've got teary eyes... you two are so cute! Congratulations!!! :)

BettyBee said...

And the best is yet to come

XOXOXOXOX

Lovw,
Mom

Patti said...

Wow! So cute.

"Listening to each other talk about our other boyfriends/girlfriends...this was awesome ;)" I laughed out loud!

You did miss one date...Sep 2 2006 - Sealed. I just remember because I had to lace up that crazy dress of yours!

bnmwhitney said...

It is amazing how time flies. I feel like Craig has been part of our family forever. I cant believe that when Spencer and I got married he wasnt around!! He sure is a wonderful man and I am glad that he is a part of our fun family.

Notme said...

um. I am so jealous! I think I was supposed to be born to South Africa, but ended up in Utah some how!

That is really cool that you guys have been through so much! SO awesome.