Sunday, August 3, 2008

Porter's Blessing

Today was a special day! Porter Davis TerBlanche received his baby blessing this morning at our church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It was so wonderful! His Daddy blessed him with many wonderful things, including a promise that his Mother and Father will raise him in the gospel of Jesus Christ. I cried a lot! It was such a wonderful experience as a mom. Here is a picture of Craig and Porter with the blanket that his Nana made for his blessing.
The boys: Jonathan Steflik, Porter's Papa, Uncle Doug, Daddy, Jeffrey Shaw, and Cam Poore.
What a sweet boy! His blessing outfit was my brother's when he was blessed as a baby. All the boys in the family have worn it for their blessings since then. He almost didn't fit in it!

A good shot of the outfit. He also wore sweet socks from my Aunt Judy Davis. (Porter Davis was named in honor of her late husband and my Uncle Larry, Lawrence Gregory Davis.)
Porter also wore my Grandaddy's booties from when he was born, as do all the boys in the family. They are 81 years old. Porter was named after my late grandfather, John Porter Swink, and his father, Adrian Porter Swink. The most emotional part of my day was slipping those sweet shoes on my baby boy's feet and remembering how much I love and miss my Grandaddy. I am so grateful to have that tangible memory of my grandfather.
My dad, mom, my brother Doug, me, Craig, Grama, Aunt Joni, and Uncle Ron.
Four generations! My mom, me, Porter, and Grama.

7 comments:

Notme said...

those are great pictures. We havn't blessed Chayce yet. we are doing it on a saturday at my grandparents. What day was Porter born?

Jessica said...

Baby blessings are so special. I love the booties, esp. the blue ribbon. Kellen will be blessed August 13th in TN. I can't wait. Oh, a baby announcement is on its way to your house. It also includes our updated info. Love ya. Jess

bnmwhitney said...

Oh how I wish that I could have been there. He looks so handsome. We sure loved sharing that outfit too.

Love,

Tori

Kendra said...

I'm so sorry I couldn't be there! I love all the sweet family items, it makes it so much more special. I bet Craig did a great job, I hope you or someone was able to write down the blessing. It's so hard to remember, even the next day. I love you guys!

Shannon said...

It looks like you all had a very special time. Porter is so cute and Craigy looks so handsome too!

Love you all,
Shannon

Alisa Clark said...

Hey, I love your blog! Porter is absolutely adorable! That's so sweet how that outfit has been passed down! What a wonderful family heirloom!

Rach said...

How wonderful! I cried a lot at Katie's blessing too! And I mean a lot! I couldn't stop! Jacob kept asking if there was something wrong. There was nothing wrong, it's just such a wonderful day with such a wonderful gift!